We understand the value of your vision…it’s priceless!
OUR MISSION - A Center for VisionCare is dedicated to helping you maintain and achieve your visual goals.
For over three decades A Center for VisionCare has been providing a wide range of eye care from routine eye exams to cataract surgery, glaucoma treatment and surgery, cornea surgery and refractive surgery. A Center for VisionCare services North Hollywood, Burbank, San Fernando Valley, Studio City, Sherman Oaks, and Encino.
Our board-certified ophthalmologists, as well as our optometrists and opticians are dedicated to providing the highest level of eye care.
- A pioneer in the field of cornea and refractive surgery, Alan I. Mandelberg, M.D. continues his excellence in cataract, corneal and refractive surgery.
- As a glaucoma specialist, Dana Tannenbaum, M.D. continues her excellence in glaucoma surgery and cataract surgery and is a leading researcher on the newest techniques for imaging the optic nerve for early diagnosis of glaucoma.
- Mario A. Meallet, M.D. specializes in cornea, cataract and refractive surgery, including endothelial keratoplasty (DSEK) for patients with corneal edema and Fuch’s dystrophy. He also specializes in diagnosis and management of keratoconus, including INTACS corneal implants.
- Cynthia A. Boxrud, M.D., F.A.C.S. is the recipient of two distinguished fellowships: Facial Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, as well as, Orbital and Ophthalmic Oncology.
- Lynn L. Huang, M.D. specializes in macula and retina eye diseases.
A cataract is a cloudy area in the normally clear lens of the eye. Once your vision becomes signicifantly impaired by the cataract, it can be surgically removed and an intraoluar lens (IOL) placed in your eye. Traditional IOLs are monofocal, meaning they offer vision at one distance only (far, intermediate or near). Premium IOLs such as Multifocal or Accommodating IOLs offer the possibility of seeing well at more than one distance, without glasses or contacts. Toric Premium IOLs can correct astigmatism. Our doctors specialize in cataract treatment performing cataract surgery on a routine basis, as well as, specialize in cataract surgery with premium IOLs.
Glaucoma is a disease of the optic nerve. Glaucoma is a serious and potentially blinding condition that can affect your vision so slowly you may not realize that damage is occurring. By the time visual loss from glaucoma is noticed, the effects are irreversible. Early diagnosis and careful management are the keys to preventing vision loss. Medication, laser treatment or surgery can slow or prevent further vision loss. A Center for VisionCare doctors specialize in treating glaucoma using the most advanced lasers, surgical techniques, as well as, advanced diagnostic testing for early glaucoma detection.
The cornea is the clear, thin outer tissue of the eye. If the cornea becomes damaged through disease, infection, or injury, the resulting scars can interfere with vision by blocking or distorting light as it enters the eye. Several surgical options are available for treating corneal diseases. Our doctors specialize in treating corneal diseases including corneal transplantation surgery and DSEK. Visit National Eye Institute for more information on vision care.
LASIK has become the surgical procedure of choice for the correction of nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. Many advances – including Customized LASIK and “all laser” LASIK – have resulted in the better visual outcomes and have improved the safety of LASIK procedures. Our doctors specialize in LASIK using the most advanced technology available.
A Center for VisionCare is a comprehensive ophthalmology practice offering an array of services including treatment of Retinal and Macula diseases, Cosmetic Services, Optical Services, contact lenses, glasses and routine eye examinations.
To schedule an appointment with our doctors at A Center for VisionCare, please call our office (818) 762-0647. We are located in at 4418 Vineland Avenue, Suite 106, North Hollywood, California, 91602.